Living and Working In Australia
Australia is the land of endless blue skies, beaches and barbecues. That is why tourists have flocked to the Land Down Under for decades. It’s also the reason why many move to live and work in Australia. From our unique wildlife to our bustling city centres, there is something for everyone to love. Join us Down Under and call Australia home.
Standard of Living in Australia
Australia has a high standard of living, with both strong economic and social indicators. The security and opportunities this offers helps make Australia a desirable place to live and work. People living in Australia benefit from:
- A public health system and universal health insurance, Medicare
- A public education system and vocational/tertiary training subsidies,
- Good job prospects and low unemployment,
- Great housing availability and scaling affordability,
- Easy access to utilities and modern conveniences,
- Extensive recreational and leisure activities,
- A range of climates to suit everyone
Doctors working in Australia will benefit from above average pay rates and salaries. These do vary across fields and depend on whether the position is in a public or private setting. General practice offers great earning potential due to the ease of access and affordability for Australian residents. Contact our recruitment specialists for more information on earning potential as a GP.
Working in Australia
Australia provides great working conditions for General Practitioners (GPs). As a private sector position, GP jobs offer exceptional work-life balance and safety. Most positions provide:
- Limited or no out of hours shifts.
- Higher after-hours pay (if worked).
- Flexible working hours.
- 6 weeks leave per year.
- Onsite nursing support.
- Onsite administration support.
- Access to equipment.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
Some practices will offer incentives, relocation assistance and local orientation to help you make the move. International medical graduates will also benefit from supervision and mentorship programs to help adjust to the Australian health system.
Finding a position that suits you and your needs is easy, when we do the leg work for you. Register your interest today and discover your pathway to working in Australia as a doctor.
To find out what it takes to gain medical registration in Australia visit our Standard Pathway guide.
Australia has a lot to offer. From unrivalled natural landscapes and bustling cities to exciting experiences and a thriving cultural industry. However, it’s the easy-going lifestyle and values that really sets Australia apart from other countries.
- Australia is a multicultural hub, with migration contributing to a large portion of the population.
People from all over the world call Australia home. Each contributing to the diversity that continues to increase across Australia. With a positive personality and the right attitude anyone can receive “a fair go” and thrive in the Land Down Under.
Join us and carve out your own slice of paradise.